Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

User journey / Clickstream

Level 2

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help...

Our user journeys contain a lot of duplicated pages regardless of whether a customer is new or existing. Their initial starting page is usually different, but then they would be sent through the same conversion funnel as another journey (we have around 5 or 6 starting pages depending on traffic source but only two different conversion pages)

This poses an issue when wanting to split these journeys from an analysis POV in Analytics and Clickstream.

I think the solution would be to populate an eVar with their first page value, but I was wondering if there is a way to appending something into a URL based on a customer visiting a specific page?

Example: If they landing on Existing customer start page, put "#qsp=existing" into their URL.

Maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way but ideally no two journeys would contain a page from another journey. Any help appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jmaguire,

If you just want to understand the Conversion Rate differentiated by paths, just an eVar is more than enough. On your first page set an eVar(Journey Name based on the First Page) with Event and if you have Conversion Event, then you can use the eVar to understand the effectiveness of your journeys.

Unable to get why do you need to use or append a Query String Parameter here because the purpose will be still the same, you just want to differentiate the paths. Not needed.

If you have any other exclusive purpose in your mind, you can tell us, will advise.

Thank You, Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Jmaguire,

If you just want to understand the Conversion Rate differentiated by paths, just an eVar is more than enough. On your first page set an eVar(Journey Name based on the First Page) with Event and if you have Conversion Event, then you can use the eVar to understand the effectiveness of your journeys.

Unable to get why do you need to use or append a Query String Parameter here because the purpose will be still the same, you just want to differentiate the paths. Not needed.

If you have any other exclusive purpose in your mind, you can tell us, will advise.

Thank You, Arun

Level 8
Level 8

entry page and entry URL may help.