Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Unavailable keywords - Unspecified keywords - variable not_set

Level 1

Hi there,

I have a problem interpretating my report in Omniture properly. 

In the category "Search Keywords - All/paid/natural" Omniture gives me two variables I don´t know what to do with.

* keyword unavailable  -

(about 24% of my keawords - This must have something to do with Googles Search Encryption but can I do something against this?)

* Unspecified 

(this makes up almost 74% of my keywords. What is this about? I found this article but I´m afraid it doesn´t suit my problem: https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/none-unspecified-and-unknown.html) 

As you can see. Only about 2% of my keywords are interpretable. Is there something to do against this?

Also under the main category "Site Content" I have the sub category "Article/Video Title" on my page. 

In my report the biggest share of visited pages on my site (again 75%) accounts for a variable named "not_set" and I don´t know what to do with this variable since it makes any analyses non sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There is nothing that can be done by Adobe to bring back search keywords due to the impact of Search Engine changes with secure search. See below alternative paid only search term tracking option from Brent Dykes':

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/partial-fix-losing-googles-paid-search-terms/

Keyword Unavailable- Not available due to Search Engine Secure Search.

Unspecified- Remainder of site traffic which is not affiliated with any search engine. If you change the report to only rely on the 'Searches' metric the unspecified portion of traffic will go away since it no longer applies in the context of the report.

In terms of the 'not-set' variable that appears to be some custom value set within your implementation. You would need to research why the classification value on 'Site Content' has that 'not-set' value using debugging tools on your site to review the image requests sent to Adobe AND the underlying classification settings/processes.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

There is nothing that can be done by Adobe to bring back search keywords due to the impact of Search Engine changes with secure search. See below alternative paid only search term tracking option from Brent Dykes':

http://blogs.adobe.com/digitalmarketing/analytics/partial-fix-losing-googles-paid-search-terms/

Keyword Unavailable- Not available due to Search Engine Secure Search.

Unspecified- Remainder of site traffic which is not affiliated with any search engine. If you change the report to only rely on the 'Searches' metric the unspecified portion of traffic will go away since it no longer applies in the context of the report.

In terms of the 'not-set' variable that appears to be some custom value set within your implementation. You would need to research why the classification value on 'Site Content' has that 'not-set' value using debugging tools on your site to review the image requests sent to Adobe AND the underlying classification settings/processes.

Best,

Brian