Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Two different domains tracked in same report suite. Differentiate?

Level 5

I'm currently having the problem that we have two different domains that are tracked into one report suite. Usually we differentiate this based on one variable which tells us the domain name. This time though due to a mistake this information is the same for the two different domains and I have no variable with which I could distinguish the two, because they are basically identical pages, just under different domains. Unfortunately the domain information is cut off the page name and the page URL variables. Does Omniture still track the domain name of the page somehow? Any ideas for a workaround?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Alev,

are you incorrectly setting the s.pageURL ? If not, you could add a processing rule to send the page URL to a prop and then classify those by domain.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Hi Alex - we have plenty of domains reporting into the same report suite. Typically the 'server' dimension would differentiate between the two - are you finding that this is somehow being recorded incorrectly? You could check by looking at what s.server is when the analytics fires on the page.

Level 5

Hi David, in general you're right. We usually differentiate the domains by the server variable, but in this case this isn't working properly due to some known reasons. That's why I'm asking if there is maybe a workaround.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Alev,

are you incorrectly setting the s.pageURL ? If not, you could add a processing rule to send the page URL to a prop and then classify those by domain.