Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Trouble using Firefox?

Level 2

Hi - I'm having some difficulty using Firefox when logging into Adobe Analytics.  After logging in, I get no content and the dashboard shows{{'segmentStackingTooltipText'|l10n}}.  It appears to be throwing numerous jQuery errors in the browser.

Are others having trouble as well?

Thanks, Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

I have seen this as well -- when I have Charles Debugging Proxy running.  This is a new error for me, as it has never been a problem in the past.  But when I close Charles, everything works fine.

I have been having significant problems lately in Charles with https and FF.  Since the latest versions of FF, I can't get the SSL proxying to work correctly and sometimes sites won't even load properly. I am not having any problems with Charles in Chrome or IE.

Do you have a debugger of some sort running?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Joe,

I'm on Firefox 35 and have no issues with Adobe Analytics today. You've likely already tried this, but does clearing cache/restarting the Firefox browser resolve?

Best,

Brian

Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

I have seen this as well -- when I have Charles Debugging Proxy running.  This is a new error for me, as it has never been a problem in the past.  But when I close Charles, everything works fine.

I have been having significant problems lately in Charles with https and FF.  Since the latest versions of FF, I can't get the SSL proxying to work correctly and sometimes sites won't even load properly. I am not having any problems with Charles in Chrome or IE.

Do you have a debugger of some sort running?

Level 2

Thanks for the reply Brian.  I did try to clear the cache, but it gave the same results.  It's very likely some issue on my side - just wanted to double check.

Regards,

Joe B.

Level 2

@Nikhil - I get the exact same error message using Chrome and FF.  Actually, it's not an error message, it just shows that response in the dashboard {{'segmentStackingTooltipText'|l10n}}.  The browser is also non-responsive at that point - unresponsive to clicks, no events firing, etc.

@Leigh Ann E - I am using Firebug, but ran across this issue before loading it.  I was able to open the JS console and it's throwing jQuery errors, as if it either can't find the library or a referenced object is incorrect.

It works fine in IE, but I get the same results in Chrome and FF.  It's possible something in our network (firewall, proxy, etc.) is causing this, but I find it strange that it can't seem to find the jQuery library.  I would not expect that to be a problem.   I've attached a screenshot of FF and the console to show what's happening.

It's not a "deal breaker" but I was hoping that I would be able to use FF.

BTW - I'm new to the community, so thanks all for the responses!

Level 8

It is indeed strange. Have you tried to log in using any other browser?

Thanks

Nikhil