Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Traffic classification rule - output is always 'unspecified'

Level 1

Hi all,

I created a classification rule for several suites in my account. Before that- It was tested on one suite and everything worked well.

How does the set up look like:

- I grab the URL dimension and add there a traffic classification- this rule remove a simple query parameter from the URL

- Everything works well in the "test rule set" area

- And a short testing period in one suite, worked as well

But after I did the roll out of the rule for several suites- the reportings shows me only an 'unspecified'

Can someone give me an advice?

Thx,

Anna

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Arun,

I'm sorry for my late respnse- the issue could be resolved easily in my case - due to the list of suites is very large- I missed to add some of them to the classification rule

Thank you all for the help!

Cheers,

Anna

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Is the Rule still correctly working for the test suite or "unspecified" is now displayed in it too?

P.S.:  is the rule active, is it set to "overwrite any existing values"?

Level 1

It would be shown for the test suite properly. And yes, it  is active and overwrites the existing values.

Level 10

I would contact Customer Care to investigate it.

Employee

Hi,

When viewing classification data, any value that doesn't have data associated with that particular classification returns "Unspecified." To resolve this issue, create a classification export file and classify the appropriate columns.

Thanks,

Steven Hofheins | Adobe Support

Employee Advisor

Can you share a sample URL which is not classified and the rule (regex)?

Level 1

I'm with the same problem.

My string is correct on test rule however in workspace reports the value presented is "unspecified".

When I do a breaking down with the "father" variable, the unspecified recognize the root.

Community Advisor

Dear Anna,

Can you share the Reg-Ex and the Report Suite the classification rule is tied to?

Also, are you seeing only unspecified or unspecified with some other values as well?

Thank You!

Arun

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Arun,

I'm sorry for my late respnse- the issue could be resolved easily in my case - due to the list of suites is very large- I missed to add some of them to the classification rule

Thank you all for the help!

Cheers,

Anna