Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Tracking Video Metrics with New Brightcove media player

Level 2

Hi Team,

We had the implementation to capture the Video Metrics(s_code -> media Module).Here is the sample code..

<object id="myExperience1655503405001" class="BrightcoveExperience"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="width" value="480" /><param name="height" value="270" /><param name="playerID" value="1655260200001" />      <param name="includeAPI" value="true" /><param name="templateLoadHandler" value="myTemplateLoaded" />      <param name="templateReadyHandler" value="myTemplatereadt" />    </object>

It has been working fine till we replaced the above code with <video   (new Brightcove player implementation..) .. New video is not recognizing the templateLoadHandler / templateReadyHandler...  Here is the current implementation..

<video id= "videoplayerId" 
                   data-account="79251236500211"
                   data-player="77cf8ba3-d48e-49y9-ad9d-2cb46da88c32"
                   data-embed="default"
                   data-playlist-id="@(Model.PlaylistID)"
                   @if (Model.AutoPlay) { @: autoplay
                   data-setup='{"techOrder": ["html5", "hls", "flash"]}'
                   class="bc-wrap video-js" controls>
                 <ol class="vjs-playlist"></ol></video>

I could make it work by using the AdobeAnalyticsPlugin.js /visitorAPI.js / AppMeasurement_Module_Media.s / VideoHeartBeat.js / videojs.analytic.omniture.js..

But I wanted to make it work with the old implementation (s_code-> media module and tie with the events). How could I achieve this? Please do the needful...

Appreciate your response..

Regards

Rama

<

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

Thanks for reaching out.

Well firstly, I can see two </video> tags and only one video open tag, so you may want to look into that.

Anyways, the 'video' object works on the HTML5 and is compatible with the new Appmeasurement.js file. However, s_code.js was designed when HTML5 was still in the nascent stage so it wont recognize the 'video' object. It would be a good idea to implement your video tracking using the Heartbeat plugin.

Thanks!

TM

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rama,

Thanks for reaching out.

Well firstly, I can see two </video> tags and only one video open tag, so you may want to look into that.

Anyways, the 'video' object works on the HTML5 and is compatible with the new Appmeasurement.js file. However, s_code.js was designed when HTML5 was still in the nascent stage so it wont recognize the 'video' object. It would be a good idea to implement your video tracking using the Heartbeat plugin.

Thanks!

TM

Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply... As we are very close to the release then is there any workaround in order to make it work without using Video Heartbeat solution?

Note: pls ignore duplicate </video tag...

Regards

Rama

Level 2

Hi Rama,

Could you please help me how to implement the video tracking for HTML5 using Appmeasurement.js, VisitorAPI.js and videoheartbeat.js.

Appreciate if you could share detailed stepwise instruction,

Thanks,

Venkatesh