Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Discount Code Usage

Level 2

Will the adobe analytics system automatically pull any discount codes that are used on our site? Or is there a process of creating the code in the backend of Adobe Analytics so that the system can pull the data related to it? 

The reason for my question is that 85.6% of the "Discount Codes" used that resulted in orders are considered "Unspecified". Thank you! 

Tkaz_0-1698248199912.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello, 

It could be one of the 3 things happening here, 

1. Discount codes are "really" not used in the 85.6% of orders, if this isn't right, then it could be point 2 or 3
  2. v23 is not attributing conversion - enable conversion syntax or product sysntax dependent on the use case for products as mentioned here - Link
  3. Another best approach to do this would be binding the eVar with a conversion event and add that along with the product purchases like mentioned here: Link

Let me know which one is the case from above to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Sarvesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

When you're looking at evars against any metric, if the evar didn't fire or have a persisted value for the metric, it will come up as "unspecified". This means that for the 20k orders with unspecified, they didn't have a value for discount code associated with the order. Often when I'm looking at evars, I will click the filter and deselect "show unspecified" because it will give a cleaner result. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello, 

It could be one of the 3 things happening here, 

1. Discount codes are "really" not used in the 85.6% of orders, if this isn't right, then it could be point 2 or 3
  2. v23 is not attributing conversion - enable conversion syntax or product sysntax dependent on the use case for products as mentioned here - Link
  3. Another best approach to do this would be binding the eVar with a conversion event and add that along with the product purchases like mentioned here: Link

Let me know which one is the case from above to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Sarvesh

Level 2

It looks like the Discount Code that I was looking for was never used, so your first point that a majority of the orders had no discount code associated with them seems to be the most likely scenario!