Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Tracking Discount Code Usage

Level 2

Will the adobe analytics system automatically pull any discount codes that are used on our site? Or is there a process of creating the code in the backend of Adobe Analytics so that the system can pull the data related to it? 

The reason for my question is that 85.6% of the "Discount Codes" used that resulted in orders are considered "Unspecified". Thank you! 

Tkaz_0-1698248199912.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello, 

It could be one of the 3 things happening here, 

1. Discount codes are "really" not used in the 85.6% of orders, if this isn't right, then it could be point 2 or 3
  2. v23 is not attributing conversion - enable conversion syntax or product sysntax dependent on the use case for products as mentioned here - Link
  3. Another best approach to do this would be binding the eVar with a conversion event and add that along with the product purchases like mentioned here: Link

Let me know which one is the case from above to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Sarvesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

When you're looking at evars against any metric, if the evar didn't fire or have a persisted value for the metric, it will come up as "unspecified". This means that for the 20k orders with unspecified, they didn't have a value for discount code associated with the order. Often when I'm looking at evars, I will click the filter and deselect "show unspecified" because it will give a cleaner result. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hello, 

It could be one of the 3 things happening here, 

1. Discount codes are "really" not used in the 85.6% of orders, if this isn't right, then it could be point 2 or 3
  2. v23 is not attributing conversion - enable conversion syntax or product sysntax dependent on the use case for products as mentioned here - Link
  3. Another best approach to do this would be binding the eVar with a conversion event and add that along with the product purchases like mentioned here: Link

Let me know which one is the case from above to investigate this further. 

Thanks,

Sarvesh

Level 2

It looks like the Discount Code that I was looking for was never used, so your first point that a majority of the orders had no discount code associated with them seems to be the most likely scenario!