Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Time Spent per Visit: recalculation based on same formula gives different result

Level 4

Hi,

In the Adobe Help documentation I found the following formula for Time Spent per Visit : Total seconds spent / (visit-bounces)

It is thus possible to recalculate it based on the other metrics. This is what I exactly did.

In the next table you can see the Adobe version of the variable at the left and my own calculated metric at the right. The results are different.

1555247_pastedImage_0.png

Here the calculated metric:

1555248_pastedImage_8.png

Can someone explain me why the results are different? Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Kind regards,

Sarah

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Kaushalendra,

I just checked this, but it returned exactly the same figures for both metrics (and thus the discrepancy is not only related to Analysis Workspace).

I will reach out to Customer Care to have an answer.

Thanks,

Sarah

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi saraht69310464​,

In my understanding, this discrepancy has to do with the difference in reporting behavior between Reports & Analytics and Analysis Workspace.

Can you try this report in Reports & Analytics and check if you get the same results?

You can also reach out to Customer Care for getting an explanation, if any attached to this behavior.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Kaushalendra,

I just checked this, but it returned exactly the same figures for both metrics (and thus the discrepancy is not only related to Analysis Workspace).

I will reach out to Customer Care to have an answer.

Thanks,

Sarah

Level 1
Hi Sarah, did you manage to get an answer for this problem?