Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

The new slide menu is AWFUL! Is there any way to use the old flyout menu instead?

Level 2

The new sliding menu is TERRIBLE!  Now for getting to some reports I have to click through four or five menus instead of just mousing over and accessing it directly!

Is there any way of just using the old menu UI??

Tim.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

It took us a while to find the chat today!!!! You have to go Help > Customer Care > New Cases > Chat at the right side

View solution in original post

39 Replies

Level 1

Agreed. After a few weeks it's still unbearable, and to further other points and quote Pirates of The Caribbean reports "cannot be found except by those who already know where it is."

Massive misstep, bring back the old menu structure and add in the search function (although I think it was already there).

Bad form Adobe. Bad form.

Level 2

Agreed - it's unusable as is - can't find anything unless you know exactly what submenu it's in. Please switch back or make that an option.

Level 1

Hard to believe the UX could get much worse in Analytics, but wow, those new nav menus are miserable. 

Employee

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for commenting on this; the feedback really is much appreciated. We really do understand these concerns, and we want to make it easier for you and your users to get to the data you need. While it may not seem like it, the changes we made to the left nav yesterday are the first step in a move toward a navigation paradigm that we believe you will love. Again, the goal is to provide your users with the data you know they need as quickly as possible, and to allow you to move through your analysis as quickly as your mind can ask questions :)

(One other minor note: What this new navigation will do in the short-term future is allow you to move seamless between solutions in the Adobe Marketing Cloud. So if you are doing some analysis and then you want to switch to Adobe Target to set up an A/B test, you can do that without jumping up to the top level of the Marketing Cloud. The other solutions in the Marketing Cloud will be adopting a similar nav soon.) 

Please continue to share feedback and ideas, and we'll continue to monitor these forums. 

Thanks,
Ben Gaines
Sr. Product Manager, Adobe Analytics

Level 3

And - PLEASE return the Account name to the top of the page! It is very annoying to keep opening the Accounts menu just to check what RSID i'm working with. Especially when i am comparing the same reports for different RSIDs in multiple windows.

[img]RSID_name.jpg[/img]

Level 1

Is anyone also unable to see the # and chat link to ClientCare that used to be in the global footer?  I see how I'm able to contact "Customer Care" in the header like before but how can I get a hold of ClientCare?  

Level 1

I'm getting feedback from many power users within my company that they are getting frustrated with the new navigation.  I do not think that adding the variable numbers of the report names will be helpful because several of these users do not understand the variable map (nor should they frankly).  

I'm all for change, but it should not take users several minutes to find reports.

Level 3

Just wanted to add a few items for future consideration:

• Menu height – the latest release made the menu much taller, not everyone has a big retina display and not everyone likes scrolling
  • Menu width – long report names are cut (Long Report Na...) Word-wrapping helped much in the previous version

Level 4

After using the new menu for a few weeks, I have to agree that it's awful and a big step backwards.

It's hard to get used to, less intuitive and takes much longer to do simple navigation.

Level 1

I agree, the new navigation makes it more difficult and time consuming to find reports. I wonder if the person that designed this new look even uses Site Catalyst on a daily basis. I'm all for innovation and updates, however I think Adobe should get feedback from actual users before rolling out dramatic functionality changes such as this.

Level 1

Completely agree. Created an Adobe Account just to chime in on this.

Level 2

I  can't add anything new to what has been said here.

Basically, the UEX is terrible. Designer may have thought it was slick and cool, but obviously, as it has been stated previously, they don't spend much time with SC.

Level 1

Agreed!  This takes a very intuitive layout and makes it very confusing.  Really wish I had the option to revert back to the flyout menu.  The flyout menu allowed me to be in one report and run a new report with a single click - now it takes 10 clicks!  The new slide menu also hides the report names until you get to them, and with over 100 reports it's impossible to keep track of them or where they're located.  This makes it very difficult for all our users to find what they're looking for - especially the new or light users.  Overall, not happy with this particular change.

Level 1

Oh and if Adobe tells me again that their fancy search bar is the answer, I'll say not if you really customize your implementation. Certain dimensions and classifications, applied to many variables, just makes search results impossible to use and the same text can be found on dozens of variables / reports. 

Proof:
[img]Capture.JPG[/img]

Level 8

I have to agree that now it's very frustrating to click every time on the menu to go forward or backward. Yes, it takes so much time to find the right metrics or reports (with different menu structures).

Ben Gaines from Adobe wrote a tip that we should start using the search. At first, I didn't like the idea, because I have learned to use my mouse to navigate and search what I'm looking for. Anyway, I tried the search few times and now I'm addicted to use it. I didn't realize how fast and useful it would be. Now I find my metrics/reports in a heartbeat, love it! So the new navigation system isn't a problem to me anymore. Don't click it, search it. :)

EDIT:
And the official tip and info related to this from Adobe:
Navigation search was enhanced to search all menus from anywhere in the interface, including favorites and admin tools. A search hotkey was added, you can press the slash key '/' to quickly jump to the search field.

Level 4

Hi
How about using search navigation?
It needs only to type report name into the form.

Level 1

Agreed. Site Catalyst has never had a great UI, but this is a huge step backward.

Level 2

I'm totally agree with above comment, new navigation is more unusable. Before this release you could see the logic paths and was more visual, I'm sure that you can make new menu which allowed navigate across Adobe Marketing tools and also more usable navigation,

Many Thanks,

Julià.