Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Single event occurrence in a Visit, and 2 or more (Without once per Visit event)

Level 2

Hi all, I hope you're doing good!

I have a challenge on something that it really seems easy to do, but it is not. Here it goes...

Challenge: We are trying to get an understanding on how many people bought only-1 Policy in a Visit, and also the rest (2 or more Policies in a Visit).

Our implementation:

• An event for the Buy completed (buying the Policy), serialised on event ID - NO once per Visit event unfortunately
  • A premium amount, serialised on event ID

I tried the following approaches:

• A Visit segment in which "Buy completed" happens only once - does not work because of serialisation + Buy completed can happen as "1" many times

1774176_pastedImage_6.png

• A sequential Visit in which "Buy completed" happens and THEN does not happen again

1774177_pastedImage_7.png

... and none of the above work - same results - Actually less Buy completed than Visits.

Question(s): Is it possible to get an understanding of the "Once per Visit" approach on a serialised Event without the implementation of the event, somehow? - are there any other approaches you've used without having to recur to datawarehouse pulls?

Thank you in advance,

Sebastian.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Sebastian,

How about trying something like below. See if this helps.

1779062_pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Kanika

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey Sebastian,

I would first create a visitor container segment with buy completed event, as follows:

1776425_pastedImage_0.png

After that use this segment to create calculated metrics for Buy Completed(event 18) Once per visit, as follows

1776426_pastedImage_1.png

This will show you exactly the same numbers as the Once per Visit Success Event. the difference will show who bought more than one policy in a visit.

Thanks,

Asheesh

Level 2

Hi hi Asheesh - sorry the late I was out of the Office

I tried your approach and it did not work. More precisely, the sub set I'm getting is much bigger than what I'm expecting.

Doesn't a Visitor segment such as the one you shared, will include all the Visits (and hits) of those that bought? - including all events inside them? - I think that's what is making my numbers not match my logic.

I've got the following results (hypothetical)

Visits: 212

Visits(Visitor with buy complete): 27.6

Buy complete: 15

... which does not make sense.

Also, do you think the segment you've shared will probably include 1 or more Buy completed? as we're doing "exist" and therefore wouldn't be including them all? - I get the "visits" metric showing a "1 instance" but I need where it happened only once.

Thanks a lot!

S

Community Advisor

If you only want to look for a visit, just change the container type to visit and you should be good.

Level 2

Yeah Asheesh, that's how I started playing with my segments... and no luck

What your suggestion is to retrieve the amount of Visits in which at least one Buy Completed was found, and I already achieved that. What I'm looking for is where it happened only once, or twice, or three times, and so on (without the use of Custom Implementations, because I don't have it as per now).

I appreciate your feedback on this!

Sebastian

Community Advisor

Hey Sebastian, sorry was not able to help much but can surely try to find more options... in the meantime adding some friends to help solve this challnge.

cc: PratheepArunRaj​, Andrey Osadchuk​, @ursboller

Community Advisor

Also to your question related to once per visit - this visit segment > calculated event will only count buy completed once for a visit which is actually the same as once per visit custom event behavior. you can compare any once per visit custom event with the calculated events created by this method to verify it. Also total event count minus once per visit event count will let you know where it happened more than once. Only need to find a solution for the specific count (twice, thrice, etc) you asking for.

Community Advisor

Dear Sebastin,

Didn't the below work?

1779014_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Sebastian,

How about trying something like below. See if this helps.

1779062_pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Kanika

Level 2

Hi Kanika,

Solved!! thank you very much.

I did build 2 segments: 1 Policy bought V/S 2 or more policies bought.

... which give me exactly what I was looking for.

(1st segment) reports 1 buy completed per visit

(2nd segment) reports 2 or more, I see a lot of 2's followed by a small sample of 3, 4, 5 and so on.

... I'm yet to optimize the segment for only-3 only-4 etc, but will post if I solve it.

see below the Segments Logic & proof table.

ps. Now I can re-use this and get my numbers for any event. Awesome!

Kind regards,

Sebastian.

1780366_pastedImage_0.png

Sample with 1 policy bought per Visit.

1780365_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the feedback. That method did not work.

However, I found the solution, find it in the thread