Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Set up Test report suite

Level 2

Hello,

I'm planning to slightly change the rules in the marketing channels but as you can imagine I'd like to quantify what would be the impact on the reports first.

What's the best way to do this?

My idea was to create a new reporting suite (let's call it RStest) mirroring the production one (RSprod) and link it to the same data (we use tealium as tag manager). Then change the marketing rules in the RStest and after a couple of days check the difference with RSprod.

Can you suggest any more efficient way to do that?

Thanks,

Davide

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Davide,

This does sound like a good way to try out some new marketing channel rules. A few words of advice:

1. When creating RStest, leverage the 'duplicate an existing report suite' function in the admin console. This way all your evar/event/prop settings are copied over. Here's a list of settings that are *not* copied over: Settings not copied from a source report suite
  2. Use Multi-suite tagging so the exact same data is sent to both report suites. This means your tag will have RSprod,RStest in the report suite name. This will count as an additional server call.

Hope that helps! Report back and let us know how it goes

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Davide,

This does sound like a good way to try out some new marketing channel rules. A few words of advice:

1. When creating RStest, leverage the 'duplicate an existing report suite' function in the admin console. This way all your evar/event/prop settings are copied over. Here's a list of settings that are *not* copied over: Settings not copied from a source report suite
  2. Use Multi-suite tagging so the exact same data is sent to both report suites. This means your tag will have RSprod,RStest in the report suite name. This will count as an additional server call.

Hope that helps! Report back and let us know how it goes

Level 2

Hi Eric,

thanks a lot for the answer and explanations, really appreciate!

I have followed your advises and I was just checking that the 2 report suites actually record the same data before I make any change to the test one. There is around 2% difference in the unique visitors (-2% for the test report suite).

Could it be due to target (I'm using A4T in a test we have live) that is using the prod report suite only?

Thanks and awesome webinars by the way, they are really useful.

Thanks,

Davide

Employee Advisor

Hm, I wouldn't expect A4T to cause a difference in total unique visitors. Do you have bot rules (IAB or custom) enabled for the prod report suite? How about any VISTA rules?

Level 2

Yep, double checked everything in the set up today and they are exactly the same. I think I'll contact customer care and see if they can get someone to have a look as I have run out of ideas. It's just a 2% difference so I'll still perform my test on different marketing channels rules.

Thanks for the help and tips anyway

Davide