Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Segment is returning too many subclasses

Level 4
Level 4

We classify our product data into classes and subclasses. Currently, we have hundreds of subclasses. I built a segment to only display data for 21 subclasses, but all of the subclasses are displayed when I generate the report. 

This is a snap shot of the last seven dimensions (subclass) in the segment I built:

I5_0-1629323842109.png

But, you can see the workspace report returns 1,612 subclasses and I was only expecting 21 subclasses.

I5_1-1629324040473.png

How can I include only the 21 subclasses I need and exclude all the rest?

Thank you for consideration,

I-5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi so I think part of the problem is that you are basically trying to identify subclass with a purchase/order event.

I am also guessing a user can when purchasing order more than i subclass type at a time if yes then you are seeing the cross sell items as well. Do you also happen to track a transaction id?

What you could try and do is modify your segment and do a product/subtype report. Basically just have subtypes remove order event from within segment.

then use the actual event KPI purchase/order. list it and have event as metric

subtype 1     5 purchases

subtype 2     2 purchases

subtype 3     1 purchases

subtype 4     8 purchases

subtype 5     6 purchases

good luck

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

@I-5  Which container you are using in your segment definition ? Can you check the sane using 'Hit' container ?

Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for responding. We are using the Hit container.

I5_0-1629384605304.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi so I think part of the problem is that you are basically trying to identify subclass with a purchase/order event.

I am also guessing a user can when purchasing order more than i subclass type at a time if yes then you are seeing the cross sell items as well. Do you also happen to track a transaction id?

What you could try and do is modify your segment and do a product/subtype report. Basically just have subtypes remove order event from within segment.

then use the actual event KPI purchase/order. list it and have event as metric

subtype 1     5 purchases

subtype 2     2 purchases

subtype 3     1 purchases

subtype 4     8 purchases

subtype 5     6 purchases

good luck