Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segment is returning too many subclasses

Level 3
Level 3

We classify our product data into classes and subclasses. Currently, we have hundreds of subclasses. I built a segment to only display data for 21 subclasses, but all of the subclasses are displayed when I generate the report. 

This is a snap shot of the last seven dimensions (subclass) in the segment I built:

I5_0-1629323842109.png

But, you can see the workspace report returns 1,612 subclasses and I was only expecting 21 subclasses.

I5_1-1629324040473.png

How can I include only the 21 subclasses I need and exclude all the rest?

Thank you for consideration,

I-5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi so I think part of the problem is that you are basically trying to identify subclass with a purchase/order event.

I am also guessing a user can when purchasing order more than i subclass type at a time if yes then you are seeing the cross sell items as well. Do you also happen to track a transaction id?

What you could try and do is modify your segment and do a product/subtype report. Basically just have subtypes remove order event from within segment.

then use the actual event KPI purchase/order. list it and have event as metric

subtype 1     5 purchases

subtype 2     2 purchases

subtype 3     1 purchases

subtype 4     8 purchases

subtype 5     6 purchases

good luck

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

@I-5  Which container you are using in your segment definition ? Can you check the sane using 'Hit' container ?

Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for responding. We are using the Hit container.

I5_0-1629384605304.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi so I think part of the problem is that you are basically trying to identify subclass with a purchase/order event.

I am also guessing a user can when purchasing order more than i subclass type at a time if yes then you are seeing the cross sell items as well. Do you also happen to track a transaction id?

What you could try and do is modify your segment and do a product/subtype report. Basically just have subtypes remove order event from within segment.

then use the actual event KPI purchase/order. list it and have event as metric

subtype 1     5 purchases

subtype 2     2 purchases

subtype 3     1 purchases

subtype 4     8 purchases

subtype 5     6 purchases

good luck