Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is the best visualization for Funnel View in Adobe Workspace?

Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm using freeform table mostly to dig deep to understand the funnel visualization across marketing channel, devices and region/sectors.

Very rarely using Fallout though still its helpful. sometime flow chart also helpful.

Can you please share your thoughts and best practice to understand the customer funnel visualization that help us to create more action item to increase the funnel output?

If you share some of your screenshot, that will also helpful.

Thanks,

Bala

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Imbalakumar 

Here are the few points about Visualizations to be considered - 

Fallout Visualization:

The Fallout visualization is another powerful option for analyzing the customer funnel in Adobe Analytics.
It displays the step-by-step drop-off rates, making it easier to identify critical points of attrition.
Fallout visualizations can be particularly useful for understanding user flow and pinpointing areas for optimization.
Flow Visualization:

The Flow visualization in Adobe Analytics Workspace can provide a more comprehensive view of the customer journey.
It allows you to map out the various paths users take through your funnel, including potential loops or alternative routes.
This can be helpful for identifying any unexpected user behavior or potential bottlenecks in the customer journey.
Custom Freeform Tables:

Freeform tables in Adobe Analytics Workspace can be a versatile tool for analyzing the customer funnel.
You can create custom freeform tables that display key metrics at each stage of the funnel, allowing for in-depth analysis and comparisons.

Freeform tables can be particularly useful for exploring funnel performance across different dimensions, such as marketing channels, devices, or user segments.

When selecting the best visualization for your funnel analysis, consider the specific insights you're looking to uncover and the level of detail required. The Funnel visualization is often a great starting point, as it provides a clear and concise representation of the funnel stages. Fallout and Flow visualizations can then complement this analysis by offering more nuanced perspectives on user behavior and drop-off points.

I think @Jennifer_Dungan share more insights. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Imbalakumar 

Here are the few points about Visualizations to be considered - 

Fallout Visualization:

The Fallout visualization is another powerful option for analyzing the customer funnel in Adobe Analytics.
It displays the step-by-step drop-off rates, making it easier to identify critical points of attrition.
Fallout visualizations can be particularly useful for understanding user flow and pinpointing areas for optimization.
Flow Visualization:

The Flow visualization in Adobe Analytics Workspace can provide a more comprehensive view of the customer journey.
It allows you to map out the various paths users take through your funnel, including potential loops or alternative routes.
This can be helpful for identifying any unexpected user behavior or potential bottlenecks in the customer journey.
Custom Freeform Tables:

Freeform tables in Adobe Analytics Workspace can be a versatile tool for analyzing the customer funnel.
You can create custom freeform tables that display key metrics at each stage of the funnel, allowing for in-depth analysis and comparisons.

Freeform tables can be particularly useful for exploring funnel performance across different dimensions, such as marketing channels, devices, or user segments.

When selecting the best visualization for your funnel analysis, consider the specific insights you're looking to uncover and the level of detail required. The Funnel visualization is often a great starting point, as it provides a clear and concise representation of the funnel stages. Fallout and Flow visualizations can then complement this analysis by offering more nuanced perspectives on user behavior and drop-off points.

I think @Jennifer_Dungan share more insights. 

Community Advisor

@Gokul_Agiwal covered a lot of the options.... I have used Fallout Reports, but more often I do a replication of the fallout report using Freeform tables. The key there is to make sure you are using sequential segments:

• step 1
  • step 1 THEN step 2
  • step 1 THEN step 2 THEN step 3
  • etc

And then I also calculate my success rate between steps, or from my starting step to the completion.

I actually presented this as one of my Rock Star tips at Summit:

https://business.adobe.com/summit/2024/sessions/2024-adobe-analytics-rockstars-top-tips-and-tricks-s...

This tip starts at around 22:18

Another option you might find helpful is the Previous Page / Next Page panel, though this is only the immediate page before or after a specific item, so it may not suite your needs.

However, since you mention items like marketing channel, devices and region/sectors; this seems like less of a pathing and more potentially an attribution type report? Maybe if you could shed more light on what sort of reports you are trying to achieve we may have more ideas in how to help you.