Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report Suite Consolidation

Level 1

If we have 8 brands and each of them having their different report suites, and now the plan is to consolidate the report suite. What should be the approach in this scenario? and also would it be better to have all the data in one report suite and setting an eVar to distinguish the brand?

2 Replies

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

Hi @PD10 -- it really depends on how your different brand sites interact with each other. I would recommend giving this thread a read; a lot of the points, especially @Jennifer_Dungan 's response, do a great job of breaking down the pros and cons of having one global report suite broken down by virtual reports suites vs. multiple report suites.

Fundamentally, it comes down to:

• costs (multiple report suites requires multiple server calls)
  • how your brand sites interact with each other and whether those cross-site interactions are important to measure for your organization

Level 4

Hi @PD10 ,

You have few options here -

1. Roll up Report Suite - Create a roll up report suite from all of the report suites in questions given they are under one same organization. Caveat will be loss of de-duplication.

2. Multi-Suite Tagging - Send all of your data in one Global report suite and one let's call it local report suite. You will have all your data in one plus other one for localized analysis. Caveat here being increase in server call volume.

3. Only one Global Report Suite - You can also create just one Global report suite. In that, as you mentioned, create an eVar to identify the site or locate so you can create virtual report suite or segmented data when you need. This would be cost-effective solution but you will miss out on some of the report suite benefits in virtual one.

We are doing in the 3rd way in my organization.

Link - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/virtual-report-suites/vrs-considerat...