Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report Builder: Preventing email from sending when I add a user to the distribution of the report?

Level 2

I've got a daily scheduled Report Builder report that is going out to a dozen people. I've been fielding requests to add additional people to the distribution of the report. The kicker is that, every time I edit the scheduled report -- even if just to add another user -- the report immediately gets triggered to the entire distribution list.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tim,

Does this issue still occur if you 'future date' the next scheduled send to the next day forward (scheduling this change and email addition after the send for the current day has already occurred)? I believe the multiple sends are occurring due to the edits and the scheduled send time being maintained as daily from the current day onward. Since the send has already occurred once that day if you 'future date' by one day that should resolve since you are scheduling for a time that has not been reached yet (emphasis on as long as that time has not passed).

Alternative workaround would be to re-schedule the job from scratch since this assuredly would not have any memory of recurrence and only start from the fresh first scheduled start time in the future.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tim,

Does this issue still occur if you 'future date' the next scheduled send to the next day forward (scheduling this change and email addition after the send for the current day has already occurred)? I believe the multiple sends are occurring due to the edits and the scheduled send time being maintained as daily from the current day onward. Since the send has already occurred once that day if you 'future date' by one day that should resolve since you are scheduling for a time that has not been reached yet (emphasis on as long as that time has not passed).

Alternative workaround would be to re-schedule the job from scratch since this assuredly would not have any memory of recurrence and only start from the fresh first scheduled start time in the future.

Best,

Brian

Level 2

That did the trick -- no immediate email, and the schedule resumed the next morning with the existing and new recipients. Thanks!