Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Question on Understanding purchaseID Event Recording Vs Currency Sucess Events

Level 2

Hi all (first time poster),

I'm very new to understanding events in terms of eCommerce and I had a question.

Is there a limit to the amount of standard purchase events I can use? I wanted to create an additional revenue field.

I have looked at my standard events tied to revenue. I can't seem to create another standard event and I read documentation on the importance of having them tied to the Unique Event Recording Purchase ID.

My fear is that a success event with currency could have errant revenue number since its not tied to the unique event recording of purchaseID.

Do you normally create additional revenue events outside of Standard events in Success Events?

Thanks and I appreciate the advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Tim,

Creating additional events(Revenue this case) for your use is always best. We do have 1K events and thus you can use it without hesitation.

Kindly go for it!

Thank You

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Tim,

Creating additional events(Revenue this case) for your use is always best. We do have 1K events and thus you can use it without hesitation.

Kindly go for it!

Thank You

Arun

Level 2

Hey Arun,

Are you saying we can use success events with confidence for revenue events without the Unique Event Recording Purchase ID.

Thanks,

Tim

Community Advisor

Yes Tim,

You can! Based on your requirement you can use the events wisely.

Thank You

Arun