Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Order of Events in Event_List

Level 2

In the clickstream feed looking at column "event_list" and "post_event_list", does the order of the event IDs shown in that column indicate the order that the events were fired on the page?

Also, is there a way to determine if an evar or sprop has a value set before the event fires by looking at the clickstream? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

None you will see only when the post_evar column has no value and post_event_list has the event in't.

For example in the post_event_list column you are seeing a value for event and against it you don't see any value in post_evar column than you will see a None line item in the reports.

As post_evar contains the persisted value of the variable.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi,

I am not entirely sure for the specific column name, but generally the 'variable' is the value passed in the latest image request and the value in 'post_variable' is the one that is credited and populated in reporting. 

This coloumn data reference may help you - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/clickstream/datafeeds_reference.html

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

So if "post_variable" is populated with a value and the event is firing properly, why would my conversion event report show <None>?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

None you will see only when the post_evar column has no value and post_event_list has the event in't.

For example in the post_event_list column you are seeing a value for event and against it you don't see any value in post_evar column than you will see a None line item in the reports.

As post_evar contains the persisted value of the variable.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma

Level 1

What is the main difference between event_list and post_event list? When should I use event_list vs post_event_list?