Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Order of Events in Event_List

Level 2

In the clickstream feed looking at column "event_list" and "post_event_list", does the order of the event IDs shown in that column indicate the order that the events were fired on the page?

Also, is there a way to determine if an evar or sprop has a value set before the event fires by looking at the clickstream? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

None you will see only when the post_evar column has no value and post_event_list has the event in't.

For example in the post_event_list column you are seeing a value for event and against it you don't see any value in post_evar column than you will see a None line item in the reports.

As post_evar contains the persisted value of the variable.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I am not entirely sure for the specific column name, but generally the 'variable' is the value passed in the latest image request and the value in 'post_variable' is the one that is credited and populated in reporting. 

This coloumn data reference may help you - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/clickstream/datafeeds_reference.html

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

TM

Level 2

So if "post_variable" is populated with a value and the event is firing properly, why would my conversion event report show <None>?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

None you will see only when the post_evar column has no value and post_event_list has the event in't.

For example in the post_event_list column you are seeing a value for event and against it you don't see any value in post_evar column than you will see a None line item in the reports.

As post_evar contains the persisted value of the variable.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma

Level 1

What is the main difference between event_list and post_event list? When should I use event_list vs post_event_list?