Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Changes in Segment Dropdown in Adobe Workspace

Community Advisor

Earlier we used to add multiple segments as options in a segment dropdown.

But since the new changes have been made, where we can select multiple segments (as OR condition) in a segment dropdown, I am not able to add more than two segments in a dropdown.
Even by pressing shift, it doesn't work. 

VinayC_0-1719262882853.png

Whats the workaround for this?

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @VinayC 

It seems to be working for me... I just created two dropdowns with more than 2 segments:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1719263559268.png

I tried both dragging them one at a time, and as a group, and I didn't experience any issues.

But we have lost the ability to drag the dropdown to create a copy.... 

Community Advisor

@Jennifer_Dungan 

To be more specific, it lets me create the multiple segment dropdowns if they are not related.
But if the segment is a subset of the bigger segment, the dropdown greys out.

Can you try this -
make a larger segment for a complete site and then create subset segment with individual page urls, then try adding these to the dropdown which has larger segment.

Earlier we were able to do it, not it just greys out.

Community Advisor

My example is basically segment and sub-set segments.....

Adding "Desktop Web", "Mobile Web" and "Tablet Web" together is the equivalent of "Combined Web", and "Mobile Web" and "Tablet Web" together is the equivalent of "Mobile/Tablet Web"

I just did a test with an existing section for one of our sites, then a new segment for "home, sports, or politics page" and another new segment for just "home" page... again, I had no issues adding them to my dropdown... interesting that you are....

Community Advisor

May be issue at my end then, I need to raise a ticket with the support team.

Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan 

Community Advisor

Ok, good luck! 

(Also, what would a new feature release be without a few bugs, right?)

Community Advisor

I agree, I will post here the solution that the support team provides.
Wait for it.

Community Advisor

UPDATE -

Met with support team, there seems to be an engineering bug.
everyone in my org is facing this issues.
Spoke to a friend in another org, they are facing this issue too.

Will keep you updated, once I have any resolution from the engineering team.

Community Advisor

Update -

Following workaround provided by the support team -

1.Save/exit seems to reset the ability to add more segments to the drop down and the operation is successful.

2. While adding a second option in dropdown (before the dropdown freezes) - Select all the segments at one time and drag and place it in the Dropdown at once.

This will help you to continue our work until the Engineering team is able to resolve the original issue.