Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

No Mobile App Hits in reporting

Level 2

Hi

We've setup a mobile report suite, enabled app reporting. Then integrated the experience id extension and analytics extension in Adobe Launch. Then integrated the mobile core in the app, configured it and implemented trackState/trackAction and lifecycle tracking.

In the processing rules we have also setup rules to map evars.

Basically we followed strictly the documentation.

We see hits going out which also have response status 200.

However, we see not data at all in the report suite.

What else could be missing?

Thanks for any hints

Clemens

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is the tracking server correct? I don't believe you can't use your web tracking server, we had to configure a tracking server specifically for our mobile apps.. unfortunately, this setup was done so long ago I've lost access to the old tickets... it's possible that the servers can be shared now... but you may need to get the server configured to accept the data as passed by a mobile app?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

I had a very similar experience once. It was actually I think just a buggy cache deployment by Adobe servers.

Try this:

In Launch go to all your app extensions. Make any change like ad delay of +1 in some setting, then save changes. Now just remove the delay +1 to back to normal. Resave again.

Now go and publish the new versions of extensions. (basically tricking Adobe servers to make a new push of data.)

See if data then populates...

Community Advisor

Have you integrated Adobe Experience Platform Assurance extension in your app?

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/adobe-experience-platform-assurance

This can be used to help debug your implementation, including showing you the post processed data being performed by your processing rules.

Level 2

We used assurance and we could se the hits there. In the post-processing we see there no evars (which should get generated by the processing rules) but also no errors.

Community Advisor

It it possible you are sending to the wrong suite? If the data is getting to Adobe but it's not processing.

Can you check the "Request Overview", this should tell you which suite and which tracking server are being used.... confirm that these are correct.

Level 2

As we get a successful HTTP Status the tracking server seems to work. Reportsuite is selected via Adobe Launch extension and also shows correctly up.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Is the tracking server correct? I don't believe you can't use your web tracking server, we had to configure a tracking server specifically for our mobile apps.. unfortunately, this setup was done so long ago I've lost access to the old tickets... it's possible that the servers can be shared now... but you may need to get the server configured to accept the data as passed by a mobile app?

Level 2

we try to check with the Support. Thanks for the hint.