Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Mobile browser "None"

Level 4

Hi Community,

I'm asking your help because I'm seeing a lot of "None" browsers in my reports for mobile devices.

It seems to be weird as all browsers are located at the same place (Courbevoie, a city near to Paris).

See the screenshot below:

Courbevoie.png

Also, I check a bit in reports to understand why I get this kind of data, it seems that the Session is restarting when the user land on a page tracked "server-side".

Until now, only few pages of my website are being tracked through server-side technology. Is there a correlation between these 2 elements? If you have any suggestions for investigation, it will be really helpful.

Thank you very much.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If the browser id None, that means the data was sent via Data Sources or Data Insertion APIs. Since the page shows "server-side", I guess it is Data Insertion. Can you check internally? You may also check data feed column hit_source and code_ver to validate the source.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you capture transaction ID as well? If you did try and compare the IDs and see if you can correlate it to a specific customer...

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If the browser id None, that means the data was sent via Data Sources or Data Insertion APIs. Since the page shows "server-side", I guess it is Data Insertion. Can you check internally? You may also check data feed column hit_source and code_ver to validate the source.

Level 4

Hi @Khurshid_Alam,

Thanks for your advices ! I'll double check this with my team.

Level 4

Hi @Khurshid_Alam@Pablo_Childe,

Thanks again for your advices on this topic.

@Khurshid_Alam I'm still waiting a feedback from my team about the documentation you told me to check.

In the meantime, I would like to add the fact that this issue is happening only on server-side tracked pages.

Even when the entry page is tracked server-side. So it's not a matter of "restarting session" as I mentioned first.

And so I can't use @Pablo_Childe solution to use Transaction IDs to match the customer journey as sometimes the visitor only sees server-side tracked pages.

Does it change anything in your recommendations? Do you have any other suggestions that I could investigate?

Thank you for your help.

Employee Advisor

@Swanan_ It does not change anything in my comments. I still believe this could be due to Data Insertion APIs being used in server side pages. 

Level 4

Ok thank you, I'll wait the feedback from my team then, thank you !

Level 4

Hi @Khurshid_Alam,

Hope you're doing well! I tried to check with my dev team to understand which method is being used server side pages. But they actually don't even know what is Data insertion APIs or Data source.

I know that Data Source feature allow us to import manually the data, so I don't think we are using it for the tracking as we are receiving the data day after day.

Regarding Data Insertion APIs, I wasn't able to find a documention to help me understand how it works, what can I adjust, etc.... 

Do you know if there is any specific settings than I can suggest my dev team to look at ?  

I found this documentation on GitHub but I'm a bit lost in it. My goal is to point out specific things to look for in the documentation to guide my developers instead of sharing the documentation with them without giving them any guidance.