Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Mixing SDK context data tracking in the mobile app and s_code javascript tracking for app web pages in the app report suite

Level 3

Hi guys,

My mobile app uses mix of native app pages and mobile webpages to display contents to the users. I'm using SiteCatalyst SDK with context data tracking to track the native app pages. But not sure how to track the mobile webpages that the app is using to display some contents. The app report suite is mobile app reporting enabled, so I'm not sure if I can use s_code javascript with conventional tracking (variables (i.e., s.eVar1) rather than the context data) in the mobile webpages to track these pages in the same app report suite. Is it possible? So far, I've sent some image requests with s_code javascript tracking from these mobile webpages to the same app report suite but can't see any data from these image requests. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Sid

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sid,

The code looks good. If you use the packet monitor you should see a new parameter ts in the image request.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Sid,

Make sure that you have enabled timestamp on the report suite yes/no

If yes then you need to use s.timestamp with javascript implementation : http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/timestamp.html

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 3

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for sending me this link. The report suite is currently timestamp-enabled but not sure how to send this variable (s.timestamp) in s.tl tracking. Can you please check the below code if this is correct way of adding timestamp?:

var s=s_gi('testreport');

s.linkTrackVars='eVar1,timestamp,events'';

s.linkTrackEvents='event1'

s.eVar1='test';

s.events='event1';

s.timestamp='ISO format timestamp';

s.tl(this,'o','test');

Many thanks,

Sid

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sid,

The code looks good. If you use the packet monitor you should see a new parameter ts in the image request.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes