Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Missing data collection parameters

Level 2

Hi, this is a question one of my devs brought up so please bear with me as I explain what our issue is. We currently use DTM for our Adobe Analytics implementation. We are also currently in the process of moving our AA code from Ensighten over to DTM. We have been using an older version of the tool (1.2.2) and noticed the same tool in DTM uses newer versions (1.4.3 and up).

Ideally, we'd like to move up to the latest version in the future and utilize the AA tool in DTM but, are running into some issues. In our AA settings we currently use 'Custom Code' to use the older library (1.2.2). Everything works great except for some missing data collection parameters in the query string only when using the Adobe Analytics tool to assign variables.

Let me explain. When I use custom code in DTM in a rule to call analytics I get exactly the same query string parameters in the request that we were getting before.

var str = 'string'; s.linkTrackVars = 'prop61,eVar61'; s.linkTrackEvents = 'none'; s.prop61 = str; s.eVar61 = str; s.tl(this, 'o', str);

This works fine.

If I try to set eVar61 and prop61 with the Adobe Analytics tool inside a rule, five parameters are no longer in the query string. Specifically 'pev1', 'pid', 'pidt', 'oid' and 'ot'. Is there a way to get DTM to set those parameters or am I just to use custom code for all our rules?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

The missing parameters you are referring to are clickmap parameters. You can set 'trackinlinestats' to true in your global rules which enables clickmap and should solve the issue. Here is the documentation link for the same - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/trackInlineStats.html

Let me know if there are any further queries.

TM

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

The missing parameters you are referring to are clickmap parameters. You can set 'trackinlinestats' to true in your global rules which enables clickmap and should solve the issue. Here is the documentation link for the same - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/trackInlineStats.html

Let me know if there are any further queries.

TM