Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Metric IDs

Level 4

Hello!

For API purposes, we're trying to find the ID of different metrics. For Instance we know that the 'Internal search keywords (v16) instances" has the ID "instancesevar16" however we're unable to find the IDs for others -- specifically "Activity Map Link By Region Instances", but there will likely be a need for others.

I'm sure it's somewhere that we're just missing... what do you think, where does that info live?

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I am not sure offhand, but when I get stuck with something like this, I use the Debugger in Workspace so that I can see how the API is written there... 

Under the Help Menu, enable "Debugger"

This will add a little bug icon to you tables:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1719324458010.png

If you click on that, it will bring up a submenu for Freeform Table or Sparkline:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1719324507044.png

Expand the Freeform Table to see one or more timestamps:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1719324553526.png

Clicking on these will take you to a page that shows you the API query that was used in various formats.

If you build out a simple freeform with the dimensions and metrics you are looking for, you should be able to find their identifiers.

Employee

Additionally, you can try fetching the same using API - https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-1.4-apis/#/Report/Report.GetMetrics that returns a response in the following format -

fhusain_1-1719489527034.png