Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Marketing Processing Rule for Display Campaign

Level 4

Hi,

I have created the marketing processing rule for display campaign, which contain query string parameter i.e. utm_medium=D2C

But still it is not capturing in the AA reports. Please check the screenshot below:

bindukumari1990_0-1617703743448.png

Please let me know, it is the right way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm going to assume that you have used the following condition in your Processing Rule:

Query String Parameter utm_medium=D2C Exists

If you're using that, then that's wrong. It makes AA look for a query parameter "utm_medium=D2C", e.g. a URL that looks like this: https://www.website.com?utm_source=something&utm_medium=D2C=D2C. But that's an invalid URL anyway.

You want to use this instead:

Query String Parameter utm_medium Equals D2C

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Bindu,

We can help you if you can provide screenshots of the previous rules. Marketing Channel works in Waterfall method and if any of the condition is already met, it won't move to the next.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B

Community Advisor

Dear Bindu,

1. Check the Paid Search Detection Rules. It should not have the Query String Paramter 'utm_medium'.

2. If you use Query String Parameters 'deliveryName' and 'utm_medium' together, the 3rd one will be qualified and not the 4th.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B

@PratheepArunRaj paid search detection doesn't have query string parameter 'utm_medium and Iam not using delivery name and UTM_medium together. It is used in tow different rules.'

Community Advisor

Dear Bindu,

Have you seen the reply from Yuhuisg?

I hope the value you have used is just utm_medium and not utm_medium=D2C inside rule 4.

Next, the referring domain is not the Search Engines. Even if the user comes to your site with the Query String Parameter utm_medium, if the referring domain is a Search Engine, the traffic will be bucketed under rule 2 and not rule 4.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I'm going to assume that you have used the following condition in your Processing Rule:

Query String Parameter utm_medium=D2C Exists

If you're using that, then that's wrong. It makes AA look for a query parameter "utm_medium=D2C", e.g. a URL that looks like this: https://www.website.com?utm_source=something&utm_medium=D2C=D2C. But that's an invalid URL anyway.

You want to use this instead:

Query String Parameter utm_medium Equals D2C

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?