Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Marketing Channel Miscategorization

Level 2

Hi,

I have separately defined Paid and Prganic social marketing channels to begin with certain prefixes. For some reason, I am finding Organic Social tracking codes within the Paid Social marketing channel. Please see screen shots below. Additionally, Paid Social lives above Organic Social in the marketing channel processing rules. This is also using the last touch channel marketing report.

1520237_pastedImage_0.png

Paid Social marketing channel rule for reference

1520238_pastedImage_1.png

Let me know if anyone has an explanation for this. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

In your paid social rule you have the logic set to look for either 1) the NYCPS_ CID, or 2) the referring domain of Facebook. This 2nd condition will falsely label almost all of your organic traffic from facebook as Paid Social. That should be the logic that is found in your Organic Social rules instead of your Paid Social rules. You should only need the first set of logic that looks for NYCPS_.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

In your paid social rule you have the logic set to look for either 1) the NYCPS_ CID, or 2) the referring domain of Facebook. This 2nd condition will falsely label almost all of your organic traffic from facebook as Paid Social. That should be the logic that is found in your Organic Social rules instead of your Paid Social rules. You should only need the first set of logic that looks for NYCPS_.