Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Link clicks and Downloads

Level 1

Why is there a difference between the number of clicks on a download link and the number of downloads from the link??

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you need to provide more context around your question.

I assume that you're reporting "number of clicks on a download link" from Adobe Analytics, but "number of downloads from the link" from another reporting tool, maybe one provided by your content management system.

As the label implies, "number of clicks on a download link" is the number of times that a link was clicked in order for the download to occur. On the other hand, "number of downloads from the link" could also count the number of times that a download link was opened directly, e.g. the user knows the link and opens it in his browser without needing to click anything in your web page.

If my assumption above is incorrect, then please provide more background information about your problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you need to provide more context around your question.

I assume that you're reporting "number of clicks on a download link" from Adobe Analytics, but "number of downloads from the link" from another reporting tool, maybe one provided by your content management system.

As the label implies, "number of clicks on a download link" is the number of times that a link was clicked in order for the download to occur. On the other hand, "number of downloads from the link" could also count the number of times that a download link was opened directly, e.g. the user knows the link and opens it in his browser without needing to click anything in your web page.

If my assumption above is incorrect, then please provide more background information about your problem.