Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Inconsistent data against the same date.

Level 2

Hello,

We have been looking at a report that is generated everyday but I’ve noticed that there has been so inconsistencies of data and it seems very strange.

The data seems to differ when adding a day dimension and a time dimension. Although both dates are the same? (see below. I know the image isn't very clear but for OCT 8 2019  unique visitors = 670 and for 'yesterday (also Oct 8th)' unique visitors = 666 )

snippet.PNG

The ‘yesterday’ time dimension is also Oct 8th.

Please can you give me an explanation of why this could be happening because it is effecting our reporting.

Thank you

Amy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Amy,

Maybe the report suite is in a different time zone and Yesterday is not October, 8. Hover the mouse cursor over the Yesterday plate and click on icon to check the date it returns.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Amy,

Maybe the report suite is in a different time zone and Yesterday is not October, 8. Hover the mouse cursor over the Yesterday plate and click on icon to check the date it returns.

Level 2

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for responding.

It definitely does say the same date which is why i'm confused by the inconsistencies.

Thanks 

Level 5

What's within the segment?  Its possible that there is some bleed due to cross day visits.

If, for example, you use the 'all visits' segment do you still see the same?

Regardless a difference of that amount isn't really impactful