Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

how to track email opens with adobe analytics

Level 2

How can we track email opens with adobe analytics? This function is there for google analytics.Do we have this for Adobe Analytics as well?

Thanks for any help in advance..!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The basic concept is that you're placing an image request in the body of the email. If you're able to load an external image into the email itself, use a hardcoded image request as the source with the variables you want as query string parameters.

Alternatively, Adobe Campaign has the capability to track email opens as well.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi, 

Tracking email opens is possible in Adobe Analytics,You would have to include a hardcoded image request in your email. Please go through this article on how you can do it - https://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/kb/sending-image-requests-emails.html

Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmay,

I went through this doc. before as well, but is it not that , this will be used only for outlook mails? But if we go for gmail/yahoo etc. !!

Level 10

Hi,

let me confirm that for you. Could you also give me some more detail meanwhile, are you adding a campaign link to your email which leads to a landing page in your site? If yes, a good way would be to add a campaign code to your links and then you can track url parameters in analytics. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmay,

I amusing that way even what you have mentioned above,but i need to track that the particular mail consisting of the campaign is opened/not opened.

Apart from that how to track this report in analytics after implementing the image request in HTML?

Regards,

Niranjan

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

The basic concept is that you're placing an image request in the body of the email. If you're able to load an external image into the email itself, use a hardcoded image request as the source with the variables you want as query string parameters.

Alternatively, Adobe Campaign has the capability to track email opens as well.