Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to set up an alert for an action taken by a single user?

Level 4

I'd like to set u an alert to notify me of specific (amount of) actions taken by a single user. I have a single id for each user, so if any user id performs a certain action a certain amount of times, I want to be notified about that, with the user id included in the alert. How can I accomplish that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@BernardoCF You can create a segment where you can include the dimension of the user ID and then use this as the filter here which is marked as red

VaniBhemarasetty_0-1634994780351.png

and then add the instances metric of the evar as the metric which is marked as blue for which you want to define the threshold and get the alert for 

You can read on how to read set up alerts here 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/reports-analytics/alerts.html?lang=en

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@BernardoCF You can create a segment where you can include the dimension of the user ID and then use this as the filter here which is marked as red

VaniBhemarasetty_0-1634994780351.png

and then add the instances metric of the evar as the metric which is marked as blue for which you want to define the threshold and get the alert for 

You can read on how to read set up alerts here 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/reports-analytics/alerts.html?lang=en

Level 4

@VaniBhemarasetty this is not what I meant. I want Adobe to identify if certain hits are performed by the same dimension (a user ID), alert me. I don't want to specify which specific user id to alert for.

Employee Advisor

@BernardoCF - From my understanding, it's not possible to trigger an alert for a certain action by any specific user ID. Do we have those specific user ID captured in any variable? Are these users internal or external? If the value is captured in a variable, all we can do is setup specific alert with a threshold criteria for an hour - like trigger the alert if any specific user triggers this action for 10 or more times in a hour.

Level 4

@Ishan_Sinha_ , the id is captured in a variable.

So what you are saying is that I cannot setup an alert for "if any user id performs a certain action multiple times (with the same id), alert me". But rather, I can only setup an alert like this: "if this specific user id (or user ids matching x) perform a certain action multiple times, alert me".

Am I understanding you correctly?