Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

How to merge Mobile App from its own RS into existing Web RS

Level 2

Hello,

I am looking for some guidance on the 1st steps in merging our existing Mobile App Report suite into our current Web Report Suite.  I have read through the documentation of how one report suite will really allow us to follow a visitor and also make use of Marketing Channels.   Is it as simple as updating the Launch property to point to a different report suite?  Is a new SDK required? As far as custom variables, I know that we would need to merge everything into the one, it's more of from an implementation perspective that I am not exactly sure where to start.  Thanks in advance.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@JSP2  As I understand your query , Are you planning to send your mobile App data to another report suite ,which is a web report suite ?

If that is the objective, you would need to replace the report suite of mobile app with web report suitem in Adobe analytics extension in your mobile app property. 

Then, all the upcoming data from the time this change has been made will be going into webreport suite. 

Note: There is no option to merge one report suite into another , you will not be able to send the historical data which is mobile report suite into web report suite, If that is what you are looking for

Level 2

Thank you so much for your reply.   Yes, I am planning to send the mobile app data to a web report suite.  I understand there is no "merge" option and the need to keep data in the mobile app RS for at least a year.

One more question, I read that the Mobile Services will reach end of life on 12/22.  Does this mean you  all implementation can be achieved using Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK through Launch?  What happens to all of the Mobile Apps we have set up in Mobile Services, once it is deprecated?

I started to use Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK through Launch to manage SDK, but I am still using Mobile Services to define my eVars, props, events to the context data.   I also read in some documentation that the "new" way to define mobile app variables is through processing rules in the Analytics UI. Is this correct?  Thanks in advance.