Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to handle Deduplication in Metric Aggregation Over Multiple Dates (we fetch data from Adobe Analytics via API for individual dates)

Level 1

Hi,

We’re currently retrieving metric values for specific dimensions through the Adobe Analytics API for individual dates. However, we’ve encountered a discrepancy when aggregating these metrics over a date range. Our calculated aggregate doesn’t align with the one reported by Adobe Analytics, likely due to the deduplication process within the tool. Could someone provide guidance on reconciling this aggregation inconsistency between our calculations and those of the Adobe Analytics platform?

Thanks in Advance,

Jesbin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

As far as I know, unless you can pull data at the user level where you can also pull in a unique ID for each user and use that to dedupe, there isn't a good solve for this. It is hard to pull data at this level of granularity using the API because of the row limitation.

My first question is, if you need this level of data could you build whatever report this is in Adobe workspace rather than in another tool?

Second, is it important to have these numbers be the same when you know what the discrepancy is. This is a case where either report is wrong, one just may be "more correct" depending on the business question you are trying to solve for.

Finally, are you using CJA or AA? If CJA, they are making a new connector that will eliminate the 50k row restriction.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

As far as I know, unless you can pull data at the user level where you can also pull in a unique ID for each user and use that to dedupe, there isn't a good solve for this. It is hard to pull data at this level of granularity using the API because of the row limitation.

My first question is, if you need this level of data could you build whatever report this is in Adobe workspace rather than in another tool?

Second, is it important to have these numbers be the same when you know what the discrepancy is. This is a case where either report is wrong, one just may be "more correct" depending on the business question you are trying to solve for.

Finally, are you using CJA or AA? If CJA, they are making a new connector that will eliminate the 50k row restriction.