Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to get the "Referrer Types" from the data feed

Level 2

Hi all.

We are trying to get the segment "Referrer Types", which exists in the Adobe Analytics Workspace, from the row hit data in the data feed.

There seems to be many columns corresponding to "Referrer Types" such as ref_type, visit_ref_type and first_hit_ref_type and these columns contains the values which are not in the value in the "Referrer Type" such as "Inside your Site", "Email" and "No JavaScript".

Which columns should I use and how can I get exact the same segment as "Referrer Type" ?

I read the official document about it but I can't  understand the concrete process how "Referrer Type" are derived.

I would appreciate if you could answer my question.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kentxin,

To extract Referrer Type from Data Feeds kindly referrer to the column name "ref_type" which has a numeric ID representing the type of referral for the hit. Below are the look values for the same.

1: Inside your site

2: Other web sites

3: Search engines

4: Hard drive

5: USENET

6: Typed/Bookmarked (no referrer)

7: Email

8: No JavaScript

9: Social Networks

Here is a link document mentioning the same Data column reference.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi Kentxin,

Are you looking this kind of output?

1798646_pastedImage_0.png

Can you share some image of your output.

Thanks,

Balaji

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Kentxin,

To extract Referrer Type from Data Feeds kindly referrer to the column name "ref_type" which has a numeric ID representing the type of referral for the hit. Below are the look values for the same.

1: Inside your site

2: Other web sites

3: Search engines

4: Hard drive

5: USENET

6: Typed/Bookmarked (no referrer)

7: Email

8: No JavaScript

9: Social Networks

Here is a link document mentioning the same Data column reference.

Level 2

Dear Balaji

Yes, I supposed that output.

This is the output from Adobe Analytics workspace,

(1)

ref_type_AA.jpg

and this is the output from my SQL code. What the SQL do is just aggregate page view count , visits, unique visitors group by ref_type.

(2)

1801754_pastedImage_3.png

ref_typenamePage ViewVisitsUnique Visitors
9SNS973816792
3Search   Engine240778152928136938
8No   Javascripts467192082316609
2Other   Web Sites732754944445166
6Typed/Bookmarked379125375899304419
1Inside   Your Site3828161390671312916

I wonder why these values are different and some ref_type in (2) does not appear in (1), though sum of the page view is same.

Thanks,

Kentxin

Employee

Not all referrer types provided in Data Feeds are used/displayed in Workspace or Analytics reports.  For example, the 'no javascript' ref type is not included.  This is not mapped to 'typed/bookmarked', it is just not included in Analytics.