Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How to create an Adobe Analytics group to share segments and projects?

Level 2

Hi, I am confused about how to create a group of users I can easily share segments and workspace projects.

I created a group through the admin console, but it seems that group is only used to add product profiles since it is not available when sharing components.

Do I need to create the group elsewhere?  or is there a way to share components with this group I created?

Thank you,

Leo

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@leo28 Since you are able to create product profiles in the Admin console, you can share the segments as well to the users as well.

Once the user group is created you can search for that user group and click on "share"

VaniBhemarasetty_0-1652104627711.png

Where you not able to see the product profile with the users added to it not visible in this drop down for you ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Leo,

You could try creating a user group with a matching, dummy product profile (you can even use the same name). The product profile would only need Workspace Access permissions and make the corresponding user group the only member of that product profile.

Level 2

Thanks, I tried adding a dummy profile, but it would still not show up.

Since all the users in this group are admins, I gave the profile access to everything and see if it would work, but it didn't.

Ultimately, I modified another profile that shows up when sharing and repurposed it by excluding some people from the profile and adding the new group created.

is there a streamlined process to create a group to share segments with? Should it be a profile instead of a group of users? 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@leo28 Since you are able to create product profiles in the Admin console, you can share the segments as well to the users as well.

Once the user group is created you can search for that user group and click on "share"

VaniBhemarasetty_0-1652104627711.png

Where you not able to see the product profile with the users added to it not visible in this drop down for you ?

Level 1

A User Group was created in Admin Console, and properly provisioned by an Admin. It is not available when using Share from the Workspace I'd like to share with the newly formed User Group.

I've had others try to edit, save, add items to User Group, we've logged out and back in, and it's been over 12 hours since the creation of the group. Although it is apparent in the list of User Groups, it is not available to users as an option to share.

Thanks,

Eric