Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

how to create a segment "return visits from organic search" in sitecatalyst 15

Level 2

Hi, I want to create a new segment on "return visits from organic search" in SC 15. I know how to create a segment on return visits and I saw "organic search" in "pre-configured". But I don't know how to create a new segment that combines 2 conditions. To be specific, I don't know how to create organic search segment. In the "pre-configured", i saw it was setup as "paid search equals 0". However, i could not find "paid search" when choosing from the drop-down menu "where"; what I could see relevant are only "search engine-organic" or 'search keywords-organic".

Can anyone tells me how to create organic search segment? So i can combine two conditions to create "return visits from organic search". Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So, natural search is kind of a tricky metric because it hasn't been introduced as a usable rule yet (despite it being used in a default segment). I've heard rumors that it's going to be introduced in May's maintenance release, but in case it's not, you can try this:

• Go to Star Menu | Admin Tools | Report Suites
  • Select the report suite in question, go to Edit Settings | Marketing Channels | Marketing Channel processing rules
  • Set them up however you'd like, just make sure one of the rules is 'Natural Search' (it should be a default rule)
  • Once saved, you can go into the segment manager and select 'Last Touch Channel' equals 'Natural Search'

It results in pretty much identical data to natural search rule by itself, just with this method you're going through processing rules to make it part of the segment. Also note that this is not retroactive if you haven't set up marketing channels - if you already have marketing channels set up, it goes back as far as when you set them up.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So, natural search is kind of a tricky metric because it hasn't been introduced as a usable rule yet (despite it being used in a default segment). I've heard rumors that it's going to be introduced in May's maintenance release, but in case it's not, you can try this:

• Go to Star Menu | Admin Tools | Report Suites
  • Select the report suite in question, go to Edit Settings | Marketing Channels | Marketing Channel processing rules
  • Set them up however you'd like, just make sure one of the rules is 'Natural Search' (it should be a default rule)
  • Once saved, you can go into the segment manager and select 'Last Touch Channel' equals 'Natural Search'

It results in pretty much identical data to natural search rule by itself, just with this method you're going through processing rules to make it part of the segment. Also note that this is not retroactive if you haven't set up marketing channels - if you already have marketing channels set up, it goes back as far as when you set them up.