Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I delete a Success Event?

Level 3

I have created the following success events in Adobe Analytics 

If I want to delete an event from this list, what would be the process for it? 

2024-02-01_12-19.png

Thanks in advance! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can't really "delete" it, once it's been created, but if you change the type from "counter" to "disabled" then it will disappear

Note, if anything is still setting that event number, it will count, even though it's disabled... so if you add a new event later with that number (i.e. event1) then there may be data in the event preventing you from using it effectively.

When I reuse events, I always leave at least a few months buffer, and make sure that nothing is still sending data there, so that I am sure in the re-use that I'm starting with a clean slate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can't really "delete" it, once it's been created, but if you change the type from "counter" to "disabled" then it will disappear

Note, if anything is still setting that event number, it will count, even though it's disabled... so if you add a new event later with that number (i.e. event1) then there may be data in the event preventing you from using it effectively.

When I reuse events, I always leave at least a few months buffer, and make sure that nothing is still sending data there, so that I am sure in the re-use that I'm starting with a clean slate.

Level 3

Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan

I was thinking maybe there is a clear delete of the event but this sounds good to me!

Community Advisor

I think the rational is that in Adobe the custom dimensions and metrics are all technically "pre-defined"... even if you only use 2 eVars, if you do a Raw Data extract than all 1000 eVar columns are exported, even though they have never been configured.