Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Exclude visitors that have visited a link in the last 12 months

Level 1

Hi I am trying to understand how many customers in the last 30 days have come to my site that have checked their shopping cart out in the last 12 months. When I try to run this my data looks wrong and believe it's excluding customers who have ever checked their shopping cart out. Is there a way to timebox it to 'not visited X link in last 12 months' ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So, Visitor segments are a bit funny... up until recently, Visitor Segments used to be all time... i.e. "has a user ever in their lifetime done X"

Now, the segments are time locked to your panel range...

Now it in the old world, if you wanted to see users who did X within your report range, you could add a date range into your segment, no problem...

Now however, you can still add a time range into your segment, but unfortunately, this now causes your freeform table to return all the months of data (it's not constrained to your report period, the segment date range now acts like an stacked date range on the column)....

So the new way that segments process data ranges inside the segment definition isn't great....

In fact, it kind of makes it impossible to pull the report that you want... 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

So, Visitor segments are a bit funny... up until recently, Visitor Segments used to be all time... i.e. "has a user ever in their lifetime done X"

Now, the segments are time locked to your panel range...

Now it in the old world, if you wanted to see users who did X within your report range, you could add a date range into your segment, no problem...

Now however, you can still add a time range into your segment, but unfortunately, this now causes your freeform table to return all the months of data (it's not constrained to your report period, the segment date range now acts like an stacked date range on the column)....

So the new way that segments process data ranges inside the segment definition isn't great....

In fact, it kind of makes it impossible to pull the report that you want...