Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Hide Infinity%

Level 3

It's really handy in some cases to Interpret zero as no value - to cover a time period when a certain page didn't even exist for example.  But I wish the same logic applied to %s so my YoY numbers would be blank rather than display a useless Infinity% 

scotterthomas_0-1663954748742.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have the right to modify your calculated metric, could you add an IF statement to the calculation? Checking that IF there is a denominator (i.e. not 0) or if the denominator is greater than 0 (this will require a nested greater then function inside the IF), then do the division of your metrics, otherwise return a static value of 0?

Then you could use the "interpret zero as no value" option....

I've not tried this, but it should work?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you have the right to modify your calculated metric, could you add an IF statement to the calculation? Checking that IF there is a denominator (i.e. not 0) or if the denominator is greater than 0 (this will require a nested greater then function inside the IF), then do the division of your metrics, otherwise return a static value of 0?

Then you could use the "interpret zero as no value" option....

I've not tried this, but it should work?

Level 3

Yes, thanks, it took some noodling but I added a couple of layered formulas and got the calculated metric to return zero instead of infinity.  Thanks!  Still wish Adobe would consider infinity like a zero though and hid it with the same logic, as if I want to do this across the board I have maybe 50 metrics to edit...

Community Advisor

Lol, I agree.. maybe a good candidate for a feature request: Add another option for "interpret zero as no value"