Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Grand access to only one project in Workspace

Level 1

Hi,

Hope someone can help: working with a partner and we only want to give the partner access to a specific project in works space. Is it possible? Screen shots of steps will be very helpful. Thank you.

Peter He

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Honestly, just setting up a scheduled email is likely the best option.... while you can create an "partner" user group in your admin panel, and then share that Workspace with them... I don't know if you can fully restrict access to them seeing other stuff in your suites.... I've not actually tried to do such a thing.. there's a lot of overhead involved....

This is one of the reasons why I am really looking forward to that feature they showed at Summit where you can share a Workspace with users who don't have accounts... you just need to share a link to the live report, maybe add a report level authentication, and let people access it without needing an account.

My Company's current policy is that we don't give access to partners... we will share reports with them, and add them to schedules for automated report emails... but we just don't give them access....

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Honestly, just setting up a scheduled email is likely the best option.... while you can create an "partner" user group in your admin panel, and then share that Workspace with them... I don't know if you can fully restrict access to them seeing other stuff in your suites.... I've not actually tried to do such a thing.. there's a lot of overhead involved....

This is one of the reasons why I am really looking forward to that feature they showed at Summit where you can share a Workspace with users who don't have accounts... you just need to share a link to the live report, maybe add a report level authentication, and let people access it without needing an account.

My Company's current policy is that we don't give access to partners... we will share reports with them, and add them to schedules for automated report emails... but we just don't give them access....

Level 3

It is possible but with a lot of overheads as Jennifer points out. Basically you would first need to create a new product profile in admin console, supplying access to only the RS, metrics and dimensions used in the particular project. You would want to provision access to Workspace under tools. Next give that user access to that profile (or even better - create a user group for the partner and put the user into that user group, assigning access to the group to the profile).

Next you will want to locate the project and share that to just that product profile created above.

You might run into issues now with access to components used in the project. So you would want to grant access to those components to the profile created above as well.

You might want to give the user just read access to the project.

Another consideration may be to base the project onto a VRS and only give access to that VRS in the profile.

Lastly, as its a partner, i would:

i) check the access provided with a test account prior to giving them access to make sure they can see the project

ii) the user may be able to self-serve so dependent on what you provided access in the profile, the partner may be able to interrogate other data out-with whatever was in your report. Are you comfortable with that?

iii) you may want to govern and monitor access to ensure the partner is only accessing that project and to revoke access when they no longer require access.

In closing - yes its possible to give access to only one workspace project - just share whichever project to the user account. To do it "properly" there is quite a lot of overheads and consideration. If the report does not have interactive filters, would sending it as a pdf to their email on a schedule suffice?