Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Entry Pages Page Views

Level 4

Hi,

I was recently running an Entry Pages report with a hit segment for a tracking code. Whilst doing this, I noticed that the Page Views metric in the Entry Pages report was producing the same total as the Page Views metrics in the Tracking Code report with the same segment.

My understanding is that Tracking Codes persist for the whole visit even when using a hit segment - so does this mean that the Page Views metric in the Entry Pages report provides the total pages viewed during the whole visit, not just the number of times the specific entry page was viewed (i.e. when the user enters the site through the entry page and page view is counted, and if they return to that page during the visit another page view is counted). 

Any help that could clear this would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Tobz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Toby,

The page views metric in the standard context of the 'Entry Pages Report' is the cumulative page views total of every page for the entire visit attributed back to the original entry page. You can verify this on your end by running a standard 'Pages' report with Page Views metric and comparing the same page line items to the 'Entry Pages Report' with Page Views metric.

If you want to see instances by entry page under your tracking code hit segment you can pull in the Instances or Visits (since every visit has only 1 entry value) metrics.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please go through the below link to understand the behavior of the entry pages:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/reports_entries_exits.html

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Toby,

The page views metric in the standard context of the 'Entry Pages Report' is the cumulative page views total of every page for the entire visit attributed back to the original entry page. You can verify this on your end by running a standard 'Pages' report with Page Views metric and comparing the same page line items to the 'Entry Pages Report' with Page Views metric.

If you want to see instances by entry page under your tracking code hit segment you can pull in the Instances or Visits (since every visit has only 1 entry value) metrics.

Best,

Brian