Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Dynamic YoY date range based on date selection

Level 1

Hello !
I want to compare my KPI's YoY based on the date selected in the workspace.

Example: The date in the workspace is selected as 1st march 2022- 31st march 2022 then the comparison date should be 1st march 2021 -31st march 2021. Now, in the same report I change the date range to 1st feb 2022-31st march 2022 then the comparison date should change to 1st feb 2021-31st march 2021.
@PratheepArunRaj 
Let me know if this is possible.
Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, unfortunately, this is so common.  I just spent an entire hour on the phone the other day with @derek-tangren  from Adobe talking about this very thing.  The very first thing I would be doing is creating a YoY Date Range, and believe it or not, you can actually drag and drop them as Filters/Segments.  It's a real time saver.

Anyway, shedding some light on this one since I literally just had this conversation last week.  

Jeff Bloomer

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Sadly no out of box YoY like the reporting GUI allows.

You would need to add a new custom date segment. 

So as an example:

row 1    Last month March 2022     (custom segment)12 mths ago March 2021.

As soon as you change date though you would need to add new segment for new 12 mths ago...

Definitely a feature enhancement needed here since reporting GUI is being depreciated.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, unfortunately, this is so common.  I just spent an entire hour on the phone the other day with @derek-tangren  from Adobe talking about this very thing.  The very first thing I would be doing is creating a YoY Date Range, and believe it or not, you can actually drag and drop them as Filters/Segments.  It's a real time saver.

Anyway, shedding some light on this one since I literally just had this conversation last week.  

Jeff Bloomer