Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Displaying data subset in a dimension

Level 4

I'd like to show only a subset of the available data for a certain dimension, within a project or panel. For example, I have two websites and they both contain the dimension Page. Analysts of website 1 do not care about pages from website 2. However, if they search for a page under the dimension Page on the left panel of Workspace, they will see pages for both sites. Is there a way to segment those results?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear @PratheepArunRaj ,

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Virtual reports suites are basically a curation of dimensions shown to the user, meaning, they can still be found in the workspace. Furthermore, all collected values within a dimension remain available in a virtual report suite. I had hoped that it didn't. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Hey @BernardoCF You might want to make use of the the dimension 'Domain' if the two websites are using different domains, and then create a quick segment based on domain of website A and then pull pagenames and similarly for Website B. Hope it helps.

Domain.png

Level 4

Hi, thanks, but my question was related to the values that can be found on the left pane of workspace, not within a panel. I would like to know if I'm able to filter out the values that show up after you click the right arrow of a dimension, as shown in the screenshot (e.g. Link Region).

Screenshot 2022-03-08 081104.png

Community Advisor

Dear BernardoCF,

Sorry, the option is not available right now. If you want to segment those and create a Virtual Report Suite based on the segment, you might see only the data subset when you use the left panel in your Virtual Report Suite. So, Virtual Report Suite can be an option for the ask!

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Level 4

Dear @PratheepArunRaj ,

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Virtual reports suites are basically a curation of dimensions shown to the user, meaning, they can still be found in the workspace. Furthermore, all collected values within a dimension remain available in a virtual report suite. I had hoped that it didn't. 

Community Advisor

Dear BernardoCF,

Good to know. I have never validated the same in Virtual Report Suite and that's the reason I was saying that Virtual Report Suite "CAN" be an option.

After applying a segment to the inventory report suite, the dimensional values should be curated based on the segment logically, but if they didn't, then we need to think of the other options, OTHER OPTIONS if there are. Afraid, not.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics