Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Discover what happen only in the first entry

Level 3

Hi

I have a question about entries:

I have a visit and 3 entries but i need to discover what happened only in the first entry (pageviews, product bought, exit page).

How can i do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The entry term sound confusing as I thought you were referring to the Entries metric. Thanks, for providing more detail.

If you built a Hit based segment with criteria like DimensionX=Y, this will return the hits associated with Y. Then if this subset contains Hit Depth = 1, then Y was what you consider an entry.

Does it help?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Francesco,

Could you explain how one visit may have three entries?

One of the ways to analyse a certain visit is to utilise the Visit Number dimension.

Level 3

Hi Andrey and thk for the reply,

Scenario: 1 visit with 3 entries.

I have a table with 3 segments:

2019-09-03_16h55_501.png

Visitor B, within same visit, enter to the site with 3 different channels, so I have 3 entries but only 1 visit.

In order to determine the number of visits of a particular segment (and decuple it) I use Entries with hit number = 1.By this way I can count the number of first entries.

However, it seems that i cannot know what happens withing this entry. I would like to know what happens in the first entry (pageviews, product bought, exit page etc.)

Correct answer by
Level 10

The entry term sound confusing as I thought you were referring to the Entries metric. Thanks, for providing more detail.

If you built a Hit based segment with criteria like DimensionX=Y, this will return the hits associated with Y. Then if this subset contains Hit Depth = 1, then Y was what you consider an entry.

Does it help?

Level 3

Thk for reply

yes, this help me: )

Thk,

Francesco