Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Date Marker on Line Graph

Level 2

What I am looking for is a way to put a marker or arrow on a line graph in Workspace on a specific date when a process changed to show visually what the results are after the change.  Is there a way to do that in Adobe Analytics?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not terribly fond of the current annotations... before these were even released I found a way to graph this more visually.

My solution is posted on this question:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/graphics-edition/td-p/605...

Also, I posted a way to improve annotations more visually here (if you like it, please upvote):

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/make-date-annotations-more-vi...

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Community Advisor

As per my knowledge, you can't directly add anything in line graph itself. However, you can always use text area and add details into it.

Level 2

I actually found that you can do this with annotations.  If you right click the line graph, you can add an annotation that shows a sticky note type icon at the bottom of the graph.

Community Advisor

Awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I am not terribly fond of the current annotations... before these were even released I found a way to graph this more visually.

My solution is posted on this question:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/graphics-edition/td-p/605...

Also, I posted a way to improve annotations more visually here (if you like it, please upvote):

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/make-date-annotations-more-vi...

Community Advisor

This is awesome. I will try this in my next before and after comparison analysis. Thank you!

Level 2

Thank you, that is helpful.  I do have a question on the annotations.  Sometimes when I add older points on the graph they do not show up.  Is there a limit to the number of days back you can go on annotations?  I found this note in the annotation but don't understand what it means (10 max)?:

dlynch80_0-1692883321189.png

Thanks.

Community Advisor

Sometimes when I add older points on the graph they do not show up.  Is there a limit to the number of days back you can go on annotations?

As far as I know, no... but the "Applied Date" of the annotation must be within the Data Range of the Line Graph in order to show...

For instance, If my graph is showing last 30 days, I wouldn't see an annotation from 60 days ago... but if I change my panel to show the time frame where that annotation is, I should see it....

I found this note in the annotation but don't understand what it means (10 max)?

You can add up to 10 metrics on this date to annotate.

So in your screenshot, it's cut off before the first metric (which should be whatever you started the "Create Annotation" from), but you can add additional metrics here:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1692885061768.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1692885071149.png

I guess if you are annotating some issue or spike it data, you can indicate which metrics were most impacted?

Level 2

That's the odd thing.  I'm adding the annotation directly to the graph by right clicking and go through the process like I did on others, but it just doesn't want to show up.

Community Advisor

That's odd... Are you building it on a custom metric? Maybe there is something weird in the calculation that is causing the issue?

Level 2

No, I've tried it multiple times and even removing the metrics altogether to see if that made a difference, but it didn't.

Community Advisor

That's very odd... I'm not sure what would cause that....  I don't use this much, but I did a test to take my above screenshots and it worked fine for me (not like that's a big sample size)