Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Bounce rate doesn't match with Average time on Site - High Bounce rate and a lot of time on site

Level 1

When I build a table using marketing channel, bounce rate and average time on site I can see that I have a low bounce rate but I also have low time on site, in other hand I have a High bounce rate and too much time on Average time on website. Why is this could be happening?

1 Reply

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

There was another similar question about bounce rate recently. 

Solved: Engagement metrics - Bounce rate - Adobe Experience League Community - 701410

Basically, when there is a bounce that means there was one hit on your site, and then the visitor left. In order to calculate a time spent on site there needs to be at least 2 hits. Adobe isn't a heartbeat system, if you want to capture time spent it has to be between two hits (it would take the timestamp of the 2nd hit minus the 1st hit to calculate the time). Therefore, bounces won't be included in your time spent on site calculation, because there isn't a second hit to use in the calculation.