SOLVED

Count of Customers Who Only Have 1 Order

Level 3

We want to create a table as follows.

# of Orders per Customers.        # of Customers

1                                2,000

2-5                                3,000

6+                                 1,000

I cannot figure out how to do this with segments and calculated metrics. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks ....

Gene

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Jennifer,

Your solution is elegant. Thanks for taking the time to come up with that solution.

I am in learning mode of how to combine segments and metrics and your solution is clear

Now, for challenge #2. My real use case is a little different. On our Sephora.com website, after a user completes an order, there is a button they can click to signup for SMS updates.

My business users wants to know the following.

Obeab_0-1692890711506.png

I can define a segment as follows.

Obeab_1-1692890790364.png

However I am stuck as how to use this to answer the 2 questions above. When you have time can you suggest an approach?

Thanks...

Regards,

Gene

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

You should be able to do segments like:

1 Order:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1692847968589.png

2-5 Orders:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1692848071105.png

6+ Orders:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1692848113505.png

Then you can just pair these with your Unique Visitor Metric.

This will return users in those groups within your panel time frame... if you need to see Users from farther back, you can add a date range right into your segment to look at number of Orders, within a larger date range.

Let's say your data retention is 2 years, you can create a custom date range to look fully back at all your data, or use one of the existing ranges (my sample will use "Last 13 Full Months"):

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1692848475935.png

Correct answer by
Level 3

Jennifer,

Your solution is elegant. Thanks for taking the time to come up with that solution.

I am in learning mode of how to combine segments and metrics and your solution is clear

Now, for challenge #2. My real use case is a little different. On our Sephora.com website, after a user completes an order, there is a button they can click to signup for SMS updates.

My business users wants to know the following.

Obeab_0-1692890711506.png

I can define a segment as follows.

Obeab_1-1692890790364.png

However I am stuck as how to use this to answer the 2 questions above. When you have time can you suggest an approach?

Thanks...

Regards,

Gene

Community Advisor

Let me think on this, but I you might be able to create multiple segments...

One set would cover orders (1 Order, 2-5 Orders, 6+ Orders)

and a second set would cover SMS Opt In (1 Opt in, 2+ Opt In)

You should then be able to either Stack these in all combinations, Or you can have your Order Groups in the table, and a Drop Down Segment for SMS (it would keep the visuals cleaner).

So no filter selected would just show Visitors by Orders, then on the fly they can select "1 SMS" and the entire panel will update to reflect that, or they can select "2+ SMS" and see the panel update for that.

However, if this will be accessed via PDF, the interactive drop downs won't work... so you will have to stack within a table.

Level 3

Thanks for your ideas. I will try your approach.

Gene