Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Admin Console >User Admin > finding users by line of business rather than user group

Level 10

I send out regular emails to users about use tips and notices. I generate my email list by downloading the users csv from the Admin Console of Workspace then filtering on the resulting file, mostly for groups in the product configurations column. This works well enough most of the time.

However, sometimes I would like to breakdown the users by line of business (which is generally not reflected by our permission groups). There is no field available in the user account set up other than name. Any thoughts on how to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've resorted to maintaining my own "user spreadsheet" that I can have additional data fields in.. 

So every time I add or update a user, I also update my tracking sheet. 

Its a bit manual, but I use this for quick and easy views for who has access (and to what permission levels), as well additional data that doesn't exist in Adobe (including a field about whether they should be included in emails notifications - mainly just to exclude my own accounts and some of the testing / generic report accounts). I then have a script(s) that will read through the spreadsheet, taking various columns into account for each row of users, and outputting a list of users for my email distributions that matches my criteria.

It may not be the solution you are looking for... but I couldn't see anyway to do this natively in Adobe. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've resorted to maintaining my own "user spreadsheet" that I can have additional data fields in.. 

So every time I add or update a user, I also update my tracking sheet. 

Its a bit manual, but I use this for quick and easy views for who has access (and to what permission levels), as well additional data that doesn't exist in Adobe (including a field about whether they should be included in emails notifications - mainly just to exclude my own accounts and some of the testing / generic report accounts). I then have a script(s) that will read through the spreadsheet, taking various columns into account for each row of users, and outputting a list of users for my email distributions that matches my criteria.

It may not be the solution you are looking for... but I couldn't see anyway to do this natively in Adobe.