Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Data warehouse error sending report via to FTP server on Azure

Level 1

Hi team,

I have configuered Azure Storage account for sftp. I have also tested the sftp connection by transfering file to Azure storage container with sftp protocol from windows server as explained in the document :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/secure-file-transfer-protocol-support-how-to?ta...

I am now trying to send data from adobe Data warehouse request to azure sftp server with below parameters :

host: sftp://<storage account>.<container>.<user>@<storage account>.blob.core.windows.net

port: 22

directory: /test

username: user

password: pwd (for password i have tried both pwd and key)

Is there anything i am missing? Below is the error :

anuvelanuser09607_0-1651153068726.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

We had that issue too... Data Warehouse needs to be updated to support SFTP... I noticed in our case the host got re-written from "sftp" to "ftp" which is why it was failing.

We got around this by using the IP address of the SFTP server as the host instead of the readable domain (I may have changed the port back to 21 to make it work as well, but try with the proper port first).

This of course, assumes that you have a static IP to make this solution work.... If you don't, I'm not sure if there is a workaround until this gets fixed by Adobe. (or you can create an FTP, which also isn't ideal)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

We had that issue too... Data Warehouse needs to be updated to support SFTP... I noticed in our case the host got re-written from "sftp" to "ftp" which is why it was failing.

We got around this by using the IP address of the SFTP server as the host instead of the readable domain (I may have changed the port back to 21 to make it work as well, but try with the proper port first).

This of course, assumes that you have a static IP to make this solution work.... If you don't, I'm not sure if there is a workaround until this gets fixed by Adobe. (or you can create an FTP, which also isn't ideal)

Level 2

Hi @anuvelanuser09607 , You need to whitelist the Adobe server IP whitelist for given FTP. Same kind of issue i faced after whitlisting Adobe IP data started flow

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/technotes/ip-addresses.html?lang=en

Thanks & Regards,

Madhusudan Sura